Join our National Townhall on Oct 2nd: STEM Results: Ensuring the Impact of Our Programs
Submitted by Tommy Cornelis on September 19, 2012
Results Matter! The STEM Results Project applies best practices, measurement and data RESULTS to more than 5,000 organizations involved in STEM Education. Our challenge is to inventory, document and make available matching STEM organizational goals, targets and achievements comparing them to measurable Results. Focus is on data and impact with the intent that programs with results can be scaled up and shared. Numbers count. STEMconnector™/ASTRA - with the support of The Cisco Foundation -seeks to share best practices information with the STEM community. STEM Results will document who is providing the best analysis of Results on their STEM programs.
Targets are STEM education leaders-businesses, professional societies, non-profits, educational entities, states, federal government and others - identified to measure their own Results against Goals. STEMconnector™/ASTRA will recognize and honor those STEM organizations that are accomplishing Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound (SMART) Results. 125 targets from all categories are included in our first Results assessments. STEMconnector™ adds a section on the STEMconnector™ Web Site by September, 2012 called "STEM RESULTS."
Our featured guests include:
- Alex Belous; Manager of the Cisco Foundation
- Dan Floyd; President and CEO of the National 4-H Council
- Patrick D'Amelio; CEO of WashingtonSTEM
- Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds; Iowa
- Eunice Heath; Senior Director at Dow Chemical
- Ann Randazzo; Executive Director at Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD)
- Jennifer McNelly; President of the Manufacturing Institute
- Melissa Gregson; Managing Director of the National STEM Initiative at Teach for America
- Dr. Anne Jones; Senior Vice President and Chief Program Officer at Project Lead the Way
- Lucy Sanders; CEO & Co-Founder at NCWIT
- Betty Shanahan; CEO & Executive Director of the Society of Women Engineers
- Mary Kirchhoff; Director of the American Chemical Society Education Division
Click HERE to register for this National Townhall: STEM Results: Ensuring the Impact of Our Programs!